Friday, May 14, 2010

Alternatives to waxing and shaving? laser hair removal etc?

Anyone got any good alternatives to waxing or shaving? i have like horrible underarms, waxing is good but i cant wait for the hair to grow long enough for it to actually work as a regular thing and shaving like make my underarms grey - YUCK! im seriously considering laser hair removal, what goes on there? or im open to any other suggestions that could be given? thanks! Alternatives to waxing and shaving? laser hair removal etc?
I have had laser hair removal from Ideal Image. I would highly recommend it. Basically you sit in a chair that looks like a dentist office. Then the nurse gives you purple tinted glasses to protect your eyes. You need to make sure you have all of the deodorant off of your armpit because it can cause problems with the laser. Then it takes about 10 minutes to do both underarms. They have this laser that is about the size of the opening of a 20 oz pop and the nurse puts the tip of it near your underarm and works in a pattern around your underarm making little pulses which are flashes from the laser. Then they usually put some aloe on afterwards because the skin can feel hot to the touch for a few seconds afterward. The pulses don't really hurt, but they are not exactly comfortable. Also be sure to shave your underarms before your appointment so they don't singe any hair.





The cost isn't exactly cheap, but it is well worth it. I financed mine and had it paid off in a few months. I would definitely recommend that you go to a laser hair removal place, DON'T DO IPL hair removal. I have had 2 friends do IPL and they still have a lot of underarm hair. One of them is now paying to do laser.Alternatives to waxing and shaving? laser hair removal etc?
When you see pictures of pretty underarms they're either photo shopped or have had laser hair removal. That's the only way to get rid of the ';ugly greyness'; I know, I've been there.





I'm currently getting my laser hair removal treatments at sona medspa in houston tx. It's great!





I've had one treatment so far (out of a package of 6 treatments)


And about half the hair has fallen out so far


So when I shave there is less ';grey';


It takes 6 treatments over the course of a year (every 2 months) to achieve smoothness forever


And it cost me $750


But $750 to never have stubble or grey underarms again I think is definitely worth it =)





Good luck!
laser is pretty pricey. i have had my underarms zapped twice at $200 per time at my dermatolgists office. to me it is piece of cake appointment. Like maybe 20 minutes tops. i just shave my underarms before I go in, or they will do it for you, they use an IPL machine that is adjusted to my hair color and skin color. takes about 10 minutes per arm. zap zap zap, like rubber band snapping your wrist. then it takes about 2 weeks or so for the hair to ';grow out';. based on other areas i have had lasered, I will need probably 2 - 3 more sessions to be completely hair free there.





if you don't have high pain tolerance, you can get a numbing cream to put on before you go to the appointment, but I don't recommend it, it caused me to have allergic reaction.





i definately recommend laser hair removal to anybody. it is the best investment I have ever done. Though not cheap at all.
I have had hair zapped by an electrologist. It tkes a number of sessions and does hurt some (there is cream you can get to numb it).
ok first of all waxing hurts like crazy but shaving is a pain in the butt. maybe you should try something like nair...lasts longer than shaving but doesn't hurt
Hair removal cream.
tweezing and diplatory creams

No comments:

Post a Comment